ChampU – Track Day Preparation

Forums Champ U ChampU Feedback ChampU – Track Day Preparation

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Todd Lamonia.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Todd Lamonia

I just completed ChampU and I’m enrolled in the two day course in April. I thought the techniques in ChampU were explained well and the demonstrations were really important for me to understand the concepts. Before I took the course, I had ridden six track days with three different track day organizers. I think it would be very helpful to have a section in ChampU that covers what to expect on your first track day. That would have helped me prepare for my first day a couple years ago. Some topics you could cover would be how track days are organized into different rider levels, what 1st call, 2nd call, 3rd call means, how to prep your bike, being passed at high speed (keep calm/focused), staying on your line (for safety), etc. And I think most importantly, how to handle the stress of riding at high speeds with other riders who you have never ridden with. A new track rider should not expect to be able to practice all the techniques from ChampU without another rider moving into their line or inside passing them. These are things that may be discouraging or stressful for a new rider. Knowing how to apply the riding techniques from ChampU to deal with those situations before their first track day would be valuable.

Alex Hatfield

Hey Todd!

We’re actually in the process of writing a whole separate Track Day Rider curriculum right now!

Todd Lamonia

That’s awesome, that will definitely help anyone new to track riding with preparation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.