Champ School feedback

Forums Champ U ChampU Feedback Champ School feedback

Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by John Corser.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jake Balsiger

Good morning. Just wanted to share my experience here with anyone interested in taking the “in person” champ school.

Whether you are new to riding, or someone with some miles under your belt. This course is a must!! The staff was amazing and the curriculum was presented in, what felt like the perfect format. Meaning, the order in which they teach each topic, seamlessly builds off of the last topic/exercise. This puts the skills learned in an order that make it easy to learn and easier to retain.

I myself have been riding dirt, snow, and street for 20+ years. Over the past couple years, I have transitioned into more Track Days. This I would also recommend, as its the most fun I have ever had on 2 wheels. Seeing the level at which the champ school instructors ride, opened my eyes to the reality, that I could greatly benefit from some training, by those that seem to do this so effortlessly.

My goal from this coarse was to increase my awareness of unnecessary risks, broaden the understanding of what’s really going on underneath me as I ride, and ultimately to be a safer rider. All these goals lead into the most important one, which is that I want to make it home at the end of the day, to be a husband to my wife and a father to my children.

I feel that this course, armed with me with an abundance of good information, skills, and techniques, to better arm me for my goals listed above.

In a nutshell- WORTH EVERY PENNY, DO IT!!!

John Corser

Hello Team.

I’ve just taken the ChampU online course.

Cannot thank the Team at Yamaha Champions University for putting this course together and making it accessible at a very affordable price.

The content, examples and quizzes are excellent with op many useful things to learn that make a real difference to when riding on the street.

One suggestion applicable to street riding would be to emphasise the practice of “scanning” or looking for motor vehicles or hazards at each and every at every side street or intersection before passing past or through.

This was drummed into me by my riding instructor and it’s something I rarely see motorcycle riders on the street do.

ChampStreet may cover off on this and I think there was a passing reference to it in the ChampU course but this might be worth emphasising even more.

Kind regards,

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.