Great course

Forums ChampU ChampU Feedback Great course

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Alex Hatfield.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Mintz

I’ve been riding most of my adult life (believe me, a long time) and the purchase of this course was some of the best money I’ve ever spent on motorcycling. Though most of the topics were familiar to me, I still picked up on some news things and everything else was strongly reinforced in a fresh, thought-provoking way. I especially liked how the course built one topic upon the other and “connected the dots”. Only today did I realize that I missed you guys in Texas earlier this month. Maybe next year.

My only comment for improvement would be a suggestion to expand your lesson relating to target fixation. In my years of riding and experience as a police officer, I’ve seen the disastrous effects of target fixation on others and have had a couple of near misses myself as a result of it. Many people have never heard of it, riders and cagers alike. Others have simply been told to “look where you want the bike to go”. I just don’t think that education and practice drills that will develop the right muscle memory on this topic can be overly emphasized. It’s something I practice on every time I go out. Nevertheless, I will highly recommend this course to others and look forward to using it as a refresher in the future.

Alex Hatfield

Hi Bruce!
    Thanks for the feedback, and we’re thrilled you enjoyed the course.
    We really enjoyed Cresson and are *hopefully* coming back next season; we’d love to have you join us!

Love the suggestion. In fact, we are currently working on some additional courses for Champ U. The existing Core Curriculum course contains the meat-and-potatoes of riding safely and quickly, but we felt having a few deep-dives into different topics would be welcome additions. One of those additions is a street survival course, where we plan to discuss things like target fixation, defensive riding, and lane placement in more depth!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.