Context & Feedback on approach / notes

Forums Introductions and General Motorcycle Chat New Riders Context & Feedback on approach / notes

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 days ago by Yves.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Yves

Hi guys,

So, for context, I’m getting my second bike (Ducati Desert Sled) next Tuesday.

I come from an old 1970s Condor A350 (Swiss army’s previous motorcycle — yup, I live in Switzerland) which was retro-fitted as a Scrambler with knoblies.

This bike had the particularity of having the rear break on the left-end side and the shifter on the right-end side with the first gear upwards and second, third, etc. downwards (the clutch was on the left and front break on the right though).

Hence why I decided to invest in this course on top of taking at least one refresher’s lesson later in the Summer (as well as more Enduro-orientated lessons at a later stage).

I also asked the new bike to be delivered at my place as I’ll be able to get used to the rear break and shifter being in the “right” place in safe locations available to me without pissing everyone off on the road.

With this in mind, I compiled a series of basic notes (below) based on the course, designed mainly for me, i.e. an almost new rider, and the way I think.

However, I’d like to share them with you in order to (1) see if any of you can identify any red flags / no-go(s) and (2) have them out there just in case some finds them useful.

Thanks in advance for your time!

———
    Notes
    ———

Mantra
    ———

> Slow is Smooth & Smooth is Safe (& Fast)

Reminders
    ———

ABCBA

> Anticipate

> Be smooth on the breaks and clutch

> Cover your breaks and trail-break — load the tire before you work the tire

> Break until you’re happy with your bike’s speed and direction

> Apply neutral throttle until clear exit and can remove lean angle

• This topic was modified 5 days ago by Yves.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.