CHAMP STREET COURSE

Forums ChampSchool Specialty Programs CHAMP STREET COURSE

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by Alex Hatfield.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DAWN CRAWFORD STEWART

Do you have an online course for this course? I live in Spain. Thx

Keith Culver

Dawn,

Our core curriculum is online now and we have just finished shooting the New Rider curriculum but it will take a few months to edit and make into a product. Make sure you get on our mailing list (under “Contact” above.

DAWN CRAWFORD STEWART

That’s wonderful. I will check out the contact section. I think I am in the mailing list but just incase. By the way are the courses available in other languages? Even if it was subtitled? Even the English version would be good with a subtitle option as not everyone’s first language is English. I say that as I had to learn Spanish. Even if you have a good level with technical things, as it’s not every day conversation it can catch you out. So subtitles are handy and then you can look up the meaning. You are all very clear and you speak well. So it has nothing to do with accents etc. Being Scottish I know all about that one. ?

Hans van Otterloo

I second the suggestion to add subtitles. As Dawn says even though you speak clearly not everyone is a native (English) speaker. At times I found myself going back over certain segments as I did not catch the message the first time around. Alternatively, you could all adopt Dutch accents, but I guess that subtitles are the easier and more useful option. And looking forward to the street course, after all it is on the street where most motor cyclists spend most of their time.

Alex Hatfield

Non-English subtitles are definitely something we’re looking into. The difficulty is really how precise we try to be in our language and specific word choices that, if taken out of context, may be meaningless to a translation service or student.

Hans van Otterloo

Alex, thanks for replying. The suggestion is to add English subtitles. ‘You say potato, I say potato … let’s call the whole thing off.’ The US version of English spoken during the course is not always clear to an international audience, even those whose English is pretty good. In this instance English subtitels would help.

Alex Hatfield

Ah! We already have English subtitles 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.