ChampSchool is our famed two-day training curriculum originally designed for the Freddie Spencer High-Performance Riding School in the 90s, based on what we call “Champions Habits”. These habits are the techniques that the best riders in the world are using. If nine of the top ten riders are all doing a similar technique, that is what we teach. To be a Champion, you must not only be able to go fast but do it without falling down. These are the riders we want to emulate. It’s all about the technique, the speed will come.
- 4:1 Student to Instructor ratio
- BYOB or rent one of our pristine Yamahas
- Aimed at any rider, street or track
- Each student filmed each day
- Some of the classroom learning happens in a van at speed!
- Breakfast, lunch and day-one dinner provided
- Notebook and drinks provided
- Techniques and principles covered include trail-braking, mid-corner stops, visual habits, champions’ approaches that bring consistency, traction studies, tire and suspension loading, steering-geometry adjustability, mental focus tips, track changes that mimic the real world, rear-brake drills, rider-adjustment drills
- Curriculum designed by Nick Ienatsch and Chris Peris (Freddie Spencer High Performance Riding School instructor and graduate)
“I expected a lot coming here and wasn’t disappointed. These two days changed my life on a bike.”
- Tuition: $2200 (Includes breakfast and lunch for both days and dinner the night in between).
- Motorcycle Rental: $400 (only available at home schools; NJMP and IMR)
- Catastrophic Insurance: $200 ($3500 deductible)
- Alpinestars Leather Riding Suit: $200 (standard sizes only)
- Arai Helmet Rental: $50
- Alpinestars Boot Rental: $30
- Alpinestars Gloves Rental: $20
- Alpinestars Back Protector: $10
October 3 - October 4, 2020 → Willow Springs International Raceway